50% of the profits from this book will be donated to the Tasmanian Youth Orchestra.
CutCommon has teamed up with the Tasmanian Youth Orchestra to launch an inaugural Manuscript Design Competition.
Members from the TYO were invited to submit an original drawing or design to be crafted into a limited edition manuscript book. Our winner was announced at the TYO end of year concert in November. Rhiannon, who is in year 11 and plays French horn with TYO1, won with her stunning illustration.
Rhiannon says: "The moon has often been inspiration among the music world. I drew this piece taking inspiration from Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata and Frank Sinatra’s Fly Me To The Moon".
Rhiannon was awarded a certificate, a CutCommon subscription, and will receive one of her limited edition manuscripts.
CutCommon deputy editor Lucy Rash said of the design: "I love the simplicity of the moon, and how it speaks so much about the peace and serenity of music without usual actual words. Gorgeous".
Shortlisted entrants include Alexander, a university student who plays oboe in TYO1, and Mimi, who is in year 9 and plays percussion and piano in TYO2.
This item is a limited edition! Be quick to secure your book!
*NOTE: Due to our paper suppliers, the cover of this book will be a lighter weight than previous books. This will affect all orders.*
- 50% of profits donated to the Tasmanian Youth Orchestra
- Original design by TYO musician Rhiannon, year 11 (TYO1, French Horn)
- A5 lined manuscript booklet with 40pp of 100% recycled paper and 70% recycled cover
- Australian Made, FSC® certified, and Carbon Neutral paper, which supports Landcare
- Biomass toner, which is plant-based, organic, and renewable
- Each manuscript comes individually hand-wrapped in natural jute twine
- Designed and produced in Australia
- Shipping prices calculated through quantity during checkout. Processing and delivery to Australia and New Zealand should take 3-10 days
- CutCommon uses PayPal. You will be sent an email to confirm your purchase